Popular Posts

Beauty

 Beauty

Beauty



 Beauty salon




Beauty I usually place my beauty dish as close to the model as I can. Why? Because the closer the light is to your subject, the softer the light. My dish is placed high above the face, angled down on it at about a 45 degree angle. It also can be placed directly centered above the model’s face.  This is normally referred to as “paramount” lighting. It got its name from Paramount Studios. 

Beauty This lighting was used constantly as a female “glamour” light. Remember the old Hollywood portraits made famous by photographers like George Hurrell? He used this lighting to accent the cheekbones and give a broad look to a narrow face. It is also sometimes referred to as “butterfly lighting” because of the small butterfly shadow under the nose. The shadow should fall half way between under the nose and the upper lip. With paramount lighting, I generally use a fill light to soften the shadows. 

Beauty I have to add here that paramount lighting has been deemed “unforgiving” light because it works best on women with high cheekbones and good skin. Beauty dishes somewhat reinforce that rule because when they are not diffused the light can equally be a bit harsh. Because I shoot young models, generally, with good skin, also generally, I don’t have too many dilemmas with this lighting. But I should say here that yes, it does have it downfalls on girls who don’t have the strongest bone structure or who have some skin issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment